This course is an intermediate course for people who have developed a survival level of English, literacy or numeracy skills and who have had some formal or informal exposure to English. The course provides a general education curriculum framework for English as an additional language (EAL). It is primarily for newly arrived migrants and refugees who need to develop English language skills to participate in a range of community contexts. The Certificate also includes elective numeracy modules EAL learners who may also need to develop numeracy skills and not just become familiar with the English of mathematics.
- SWELRN301A Advanced Learning Strategies
- SWEADS313A Comprehending news stories and advertisements
- SWECAL316A Comprehending and performing multiple-step calculations
- SWEMAT317A Applying and interpreting mathematical information
- SWEJOB315A Language skills for job seeking
- SWECOR307A Composing formal correspondence and completing formatted texts
- SWECON302A Comprehending and participating in casual conversations
- SWEINS314A Comprehending and giving complex instructions
- SWEDIS306A Comprehending and participating in discussions
Learners will undertake 700 hours of out-of-class study that involves homework and out-of-class tasks set by teachers.
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).