This Course is subsidised under the 2018-2019 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training’s (DESBT)
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List).
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of tasks relating to installing, assembling and servicing electrical components and systems of motor vehicles in the automotive electrical installation, service and repair technology sector.
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURETK002 Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR006 Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- AURETR007 Apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems
- AURETR008 Remove and replace electrical units and assemblies
- AURETR009 Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- AURETR011 Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components
- AURETR012 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR015 Inspect, test and service batteries
- AURETR025 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURACA001 Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA001 Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA002 Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- AURAFA003 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA005 Write routine texts in an automotive workplace
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
Mode of Delivery
• Gap training – On and off site
QLD: Logan Central
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|AUR20416 CERTIFICATE II IN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY||$ 2.00 PER UNIT
$ 32.00 TOTAL
|$ 1.00 PER UNIT
$ 16.00 TOTAL
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.