Student Eligibility Criteria
This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2017 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee a person must:
- be aged 15 years or above, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in School (VETiS) students
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
This qualification applies to community work delivered through a broad range of services which provide support to individuals and groups. This level is appropriate for support workers, case workers and client contact officers and generally, these positions:
- Have direct contact with clients
- Identify presenting needs
- Refer to appropriate services and support
At this level support workers and case workers may provide day-to-day support in community settings and/or provide assistance with entitlements and benefits under the broad direction of others. Emotional and practical support may be provided face to face or over the telephone to assist the client and enable an accurate referral to be achieved. This qualification is available as a broad-based qualification or with a focus on either community services or community development work.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCCCS016||Respond to client needs|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTWHS006||Manage personal stressors in the work environment|
|CHCCCS005||Conduct individual assessments|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCOM001||Provide first point of contact|
|CHCCCS017||Provide loss and grief support|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development|
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|CHC30112 CERTIFICATE III IN COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK||$ 3.77 PER UNIT
$ 49.00 TOTAL
|$ 2.69 PER UNIT
$ 35.00 TOTAL
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.