This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2018 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List).
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of concreters working in concreting operations on residential and commercial projects.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work. The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context. Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
- CPCCCA2003A Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCO2021A Handle concreting materials
- CPCCCO2022A Use and maintain concreting plant, tools and equipment
- CPCCCO3041A Place concrete
- CPCCCO3042A Finish concrete
- CPCCCO3043A Cure concrete
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCO3035A Assess and specify concrete supply requirements
- CPCCCO3036A Plan concrete work and brief team
- CPCCCO3044A Carry out decorative finishes to concrete
- CPCCCO3046A Repair and rectify concrete
- CPCCCO3047A Cut and core concrete
- CPCCCO3049A Apply and finish sprayed concrete
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487)
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|CPC30313 CERTIFICATE III IN CONCRETING||$ 4.95 PER UNIT
$ 99.00 TOTAL
|$ 3.95 PER UNIT
$ 79.00 TOTAL
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.