The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is a nationally recognised qualification that will provide the career pathway for you to become a licensed builder. It is the minimum requirement in most states in Australia to becoming a building contractor and operating a small to medium construction business.
The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) addresses the knowledge and skills required in areas that relate to the construction and management of residential and commercial low-rise building projects. The attainment of the qualification is recognition of your competence across the variety of fields involved in such work.
Areas of vocation that the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) addresses include Building Codes and Standards, Legal Requirements of operating a building business, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Quantities and Estimating, Planning Construction Work, Preparing Building Contracts, Supervising Construction work, Structural Principles of Construction, Construction Site Surveying and Setting-out and the Financial Management of Small Businesses.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in QLD( refer to QBCC – http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/).
To apply for a QLD Builders licence:
- Please check with Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) (http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au) or contact 139 333.
This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2018 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program, individuals must:
- be aged 15 years or over
- be no longer at school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- student must hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Construction industry. (Qualifications include apprenticeships and traineeships in horticulture (AHC), furnishing (MSF), engineering (MEM), infrastructure (RII) and electrotechnology (UEE).)
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List)
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBPMG522 Undertake Project work
- CPCCBC4018A Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
CO-CONTRIBUTION FEES (For Higher Level Skills Program)
QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME
NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS
CERTIFICATE IV IN BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION (BUILDING)
|$6.00 PER UNIT
$ 96.00 TOTAL
|$3.00 PER UNIT
$ 48.00 TOTAL