CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations course is one of the requirement by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading in applying to become a licensed Security Officer (Unarmed).
Successful completion of CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations can provide you with the skills, knowledge to work as:
- Security Officer
- Security Patrol Officer
The Queensland Security Licence Authority (as part of Office of Fair Trading) has disqualifying offences for security licences. If you cannot meet the eligibility requirements but are seeking employment in the Security Industry, the course may NOT be for you.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell Office of Fair Trading if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). The department may ask you for further information so they can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
For detailed information on Security Licence QLD – please check with Office Fair Trading
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises