Certificate II in Security Operations course is endorsed by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading as meeting the training requirements to become a licensed Security Officer (Unarmed) and Crowd Controller. It is relevant to anyone wishing to become a Security Officer, Crowd Controller and/or Static Guard. If you are looking for a career in the Security Industry then one of our security related courses are just the thing for you, or maybe you simply wish to obtain a second job for extra income.
Certificate II in Security Operations will provide you with all the skills, knowledge and attributes required to work as an unarmed static and/or mobile patrol guard, a loss prevention officer working in retail, a crowd controller at clubs, pubs, sporting events and concerts, a control room operator or simply as a concierge.
You will gain a valuable insight into this exciting industry through not only the course material, but also through the extensive experience of SITS’ highly qualified trainers.
One must hold a Security Licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading.To obtain this licence, you must have first completed this training course.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises