The Certificate III in Security Operations is the next step for those security professionals looking at moving up into a supervisory role within the company.
Certificate III in Security Operations will create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas of the security industry. You will gain critical skills required in developing and carrying out an operational plan, supervising and managing a small team for general security operations relating to the protection of people, self-defence and the defence of others.
Certificate III in Security Operations will create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas of the security industry. You will gain critical skills required in developing and carrying out an operational plan, supervising and managing a small team for general security operations relating to the protection of people, self-defence and the defence of others.One must hold a Security Licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading.To obtain this licence, you must have first completed this training course.
- To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
for more information on Security Licence QLD – please check with Office Fair Trading
Student Eligibility Criteria
This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2017 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee a person must:
- be aged 15 years or above, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in School (VETiS) students
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC3012A Store and protect information
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2011A Control access to and exit from premises
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|CPP30411 CERTIFICATE III IN SECURITY OPERATIONS||$ 1.43 PER UNIT
|$0.71 PER UNIT
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.