CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations may create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas in the security industry. In gaining this qualification, you can develop the skills and knowledge required to become:
- Security Officer
- Crowd Controller
- Security Patrol Officer
Eligibility for Security Licence application to the Office of Fair Trading includes the completion of CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment, for which you will receive a Statement of Attainment from CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations.
In addition, the Queensland Security Licence Authority (as part of Office of Fair Trading) has disqualifying offences for security licences. If you cannot meet the eligibility requirements but are seeking employment in the Security Industry, the course may NOT be for you.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell Office of Fair Trading if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). The department may ask you for further information so they can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
For detailed information on Security Licence QLD – please check with Office Fair Trading
Student Eligibility Criteria
This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2018 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List).
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC3012A Store and protect information
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2011A Control access to and exit from premises
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|CPP30411 CERTIFICATE III IN SECURITY OPERATIONS||$ 1.43 PER UNIT
|$0.71 PER UNIT
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.