CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations may create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas in the security industry. In gaining this qualification, you can develop the skills and knowledge required to become:
- Security Officer
- Crowd Controller
- Security Patrol Officer
Eligibility for Security Licence application to the Office of Fair Trading includes the completion of CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment, for which you will receive a Statement of Attainment from CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations.
In addition, the Queensland Security Licence Authority (as part of Office of Fair Trading) has disqualifying offences for security licences. If you cannot meet the eligibility requirements but are seeking employment in the Security Industry, the course may NOT be for you.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell Office of Fair Trading if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). The department may ask you for further information so they can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
For detailed information on Security Licence QLD – please check with Office Fair Trading
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC3012A Store and protect information
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2011A Control access to and exit from premises
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).