This course is designed for those in the Security sector who are looking to undertake more senior Security Guard functions and supervise others. The course covers legislative requirements in relation to the Security Industry, Customer Service, Teamwork, Communication and Negotiation Skills, Risk Management, Reporting Security Incidents and Incident Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Emergency Procedures and Evacuation of Premises.
- To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
- You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
for more information on Security Licence QLD – please check with Office Fair Trading
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC3012A Store and protect information
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2011A Control access to and exit from premises
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).