Student Eligibility Criteria
This Course is subsidised under the 2018-2019 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training’s (DESBT)
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List).
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a range of well-developed hospitality skills. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of industry operations. They work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITXFSA001*||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHIND001||Use hygienic practices for hospitality service|
|SITXINV001||Receive and store stock|
|SITHACS001||Clean premises and equipment|
|SIRXSLS001||Sell to the retail customer|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
- On the job for GAP training
QLD: Logan Central
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|SIT30616 CERTIFICATE III IN HOSPITALITY||$ 2.00 PER UNIT
$ 30.00 TOTAL
|$ 1.00 PER UNIT
$ 15.00 TOTAL
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.