Student Eligibility Criteria
This Course is subsidised under the 2016-2018 Queensland VET Investment Plan administered by the Department of Education and Training
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
(In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List).
For more information please read the Student Fact Sheet
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a range of well-developed hospitality skills. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of industry operations. They work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
- SITHIND201 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXCOM201 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBWOR203B Work effectively with others
- SITHIND301 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXHRM301 Coach others in job skills
- SITXCCS303 Provide service to customers
- SITXWHS101 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB204 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB307 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB201 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHACS101 Clean premises and equipment
- SIRXSLS201 Sell products and services
- SITXFIN201 Process financial transactions
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).
|QUALIFICATION CODE AND NAME||NON – CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS||CONCESSIONAL STUDENTS|
|SIT30713 CERTIFICATE III IN HOSPITALITY||$ 1.66 PER UNIT
$ 25.00 TOTAL
|$ 0.80 PER UNIT
$ 12.00 TOTAL
Co-contribution Fee represents the total non-government subsidised portion of essential training costs for the participant to undertake the qualification. This fee includes enrolment charges, tuition, services, materials fees and all other costs associated with delivering the training and assessment services and awarding the qualification to the participant.